Friday 1 May 2015

You say Maiju, we say Helena!

Hi all!

What an interesting week it has been. I have had a talented young lady who has come over from Finland to do some work experience here at the business lab! Her name is Helena and she is working with us for three and a half weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for more from her right here!


Hello!

My name is Maiju. (Called Helena at the Lab, as it is easier to say)

I am 19 years old and from Finland. I am studying business and administration and am going to be completing and graduating at the end of May this year.

I have never been to London before, this is my first time and there is so much to see here. I have only been here a few days but have been out every day of the week. Yesterday my friend Sara and I visited Westfield Stratford City shopping centre, it was huge and I loved it!

The Business Lab is a nice place to be and I am glad I am here to complete my 3 week work experience. All the staff are lovely and have made me feel really comfortable. Everyone is really helpful. I have been working with Jennifer and she has been assisting me and assigning me work.
I have helped with many different tasks, such as photocopying, basic admin, assisting the business advisors with filing and setting up for weekly workshops. I am looking forward to working with the customers, but this week I have been taking a back seat and watching how Jennifer deals with them. The only downside is I struggle a bit with the language barrier but am lucky that I have Jennifer here to help me out.

Speak to you guys very soon!

All the best,

Helena 
  xxx

P.s Don't know anything about Finland? We have over two million saunas!

No comments:

Post a Comment