Thursday 26 February 2015

Our first Networking Event at the Lab

So my second week at the lab is complete, and I must admit the pressure has really been on.

The lab has been a lot busier than the first week. A lot of business users are coming in to use the space for meetings and I have fully booked out the diaries of the Business Advisors.

My second study week was also of great benefit to myself. I had to write up an organisation table, which goes towards my level 2 and has actually helped me break down and understand a lot more about what my department does. 

Last week was our first main networking event for small businesses to come and meet up with other small business and our business advisors. My role for the night was to meet and greet our guests, take the opportunity to tell them what we do here at the lab and get then to register with us! It went extremely well, nearly everyone that signed in on my table registered! Woohoooo! And there was yummy food and drink laid out by the fantastic catering team!

It was definitely the highlight of my week knowing that all our hard work preparing for this event had paid off and the event had gone fantastically well.  The Big Official launch is tonight, but I have not been feeling great so can't be there - but I wish my team and everyone who goes a fabulous evening J

 


No comments:

Post a Comment